Good news for the local WordPress community!
If you are in Islamabad - Rawalpindi then feel free to join the party.
Slow Cooked Chicken in Pineapple Juice
As the first recipe we’re sharing on this blog, I thought I’d share the experience we had while cooking and filming the whole process. The whole 3-minute video you will see below does not compare to the length of the whole process cooking this slow cooked chicken in pineapple juice.
Cooking isn’t really one of my hobbies but it is my wifey’s, so check out more of her recipes here.
We had to plan everything from the start to the end making sure that every part of the process is documented/filmed so that we could properly share the whole cooking process to you guys. We started by writing the whole recipe down and then visualizing how we could capture each and every moment an ingredient is chopped, poured, and mixed. We are currently living in a very tight space so efficiency and spacing were also taken into account.
The table you see where the ingredients were prepared was also surrounded by make-shift lights from 3 lamps we bought. We covered the lamps with baking paper to make the light softer and not harsh looking which may result in blown out details in the video/photo.
After that, Kaye’s love for cooking took care of the rest. After all the photos and videos were taken, it all went down to post-processing. Mind you, we had many photos taken and re-takes done before we could show you the final video below. The post-processing took some time as well especially with the cuts and text edits needed to be made.
A good tip to remember when shooting videos/photos, always make sure you’ve got good lighting and always prioritize using natural daylight as opposed to artificial lights. That way, you can spend less time in post-processing and more time shooting.
Down below, you can copy and paste the recipe or you can share it on Facebook for future reference and for your friends to see as well.
- Slow Cooker
- For those who don’t have a Slow Cooker, you can buy one of these:
- Sauce Pan (optional)
- 1 whole chicken (medium)
- 1 apple, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 pineapple slices
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup Sprite
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
1. Chop the garlic and carrots, then set aside. Prepare the other remaining ingredients.
2. Slice the apple into four and stuff the quartered apple pieces in to the chicken cavity.
3. Prepare the crockery bowl and place the chicken inside.
4. Add the garlic, carrots, bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple slices, pineapple juice, Sprite, salt, and pepper into the bowl.
5. Place the crockery bowl in the slow cooker and set on HIGH, cook for 4-5 hours OR set on LOW for 6-8 hours.
6. Once the chicken is cooked to your liking, take it out of the bowl and set it aside first on a serving plate.
7. Meanwhile, add a slurry on to the sauce to thicken it. You can cook the sauce for another 30 minutes or so in the slow cooker OR transfer the sauce in a saucepan and heat in the stove on high heat to thicken it right away.
8. Once thickened, ladle the sauce onto the chicken. Serve and enjoy.
9. Don’t forget to — Smile before you eat!
Enter your email below to get more recipes.