Good news for the local WordPress community!
If you are in Islamabad - Rawalpindi then feel free to join the party.
Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Mushroom Sauce
Hi everyone and welcome back to Notes on Hobbies. It has been a very long time since our last recipe video. We moved to a new home a few months back and just haven’t had the time and motivation to do another recipe video. But hey, we’re back and we’re going to do a lot more videos now that we have a lot more space in our new place.
For today’s recipe video, we’re going to share a very nice vegetarian dish that’s not only delicious and healthy but also easy to make. It’s called the Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Mushroom Sauce. It’s very simple to make and all ingredients can easily be bought in the supermarket. Some are already at home.
Watch the YouTube video here: Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Mushroom Sauce
See more recipes here: Gastronomic Recreations
Shop for Utensils here:
Let’s start off this recipe with the ingredients you will need to make a simple Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Mushroom Sauce.
For Ravioli (makes 30 pieces):
- Baby Spinach (or any greens you prefer) [120g]
- Light Smooth Ricotta [375g]
- Parmesan [1/3 cup shredded]
- Garlic Powder (or fresh minced garlic) [1/4 tsp]
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wanton wrapper (round or square)
For Mushroom Sauce:
- Butter [1 tbsp]
- Avocado Oil (or any oil) [1-2 tsp]
- Shallots (minced) [1 medium piece]
- Mushrooms (sliced thinly) [10-15 pieces]
- Dried Thyme Leaves (or fresh) [pinch]
- White Wine (any) [3 tbsp or more]
- Thickened Cream or Cooking Cream [1/3 cup]
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Below are the steps to make your very own Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Mushroom Sauce:
To make the Ravioli:
- Blanch the spinach.
- Drain and squeeze all the water out.
- Roughly chop the spinach into smaller pieces and put in a clean bowl.
- Add the Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan, Garlic Powder, and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Place about a table spoon of your filling on the Wanton Wrapper and wrap around the filling.
- Set pieces aside and prepare to make the Mushroom Sauce.
- Cook the Ravioli to a boil.
- You can also freeze the Ravioli if you want to save it for later use.
To make the Mushroom Sauce:
- Heat the pan in medium heat.
- Put ½ tablespoon butter in the pan.
- Add the Avocado Oil (or any oil) in the pan.
- Add the Shallots until it softens.
- Add the sliced Mushrooms
- Add the other half of the tablespoon of butter
- Cook until the mushrooms release their water
- Add the Wine
- Add the Cream
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste
Pour the Mushroom Sauce over the Ravioli and –
Don’t forget to smile before you eat!
Want more recipes? Enter your email below to receive the recipes direct to your email.