Jweb Solutions updated their cover photo.
You have been tasked with a new mission. Falcon Lost it’s called. A squad of JTF soldiers, called Falcon Squad, were sent to scout the area but they haven’t been heard from since. That is where you come in, Agent.
Wave after wave of enemies, 15 waves to be exact, come like there is no end, drones flying on top of your head – ready to take them off, and all you can do is go from one cover to another because of the hundreds of grenades thrown at you. That is the highlight of the new and free update from Tom Clancy’s The Division.
Incursions is a free update that came into the game last April 12, 2016. It is the first massive update the game has had since it’s official launch. Incursions includes a new mission called Falcon Lost where the difficulty is just frustrating especially in challenging mode that even the developers had a hard time going through it.
The mission is located down at the bottom right of the map just a few steps away from the WarrenGate Power Plant Mission. The first few hours after the game went live again, I looked at the map and all my online friends were doing the mission already. I wasn’t too keen on doing the mission right away after I looked at the streams on YouTube and Twitch and how everybody playing it was just getting wrecked so I took things slowly.
I focused my time exploring the “small things” included in this update. First thing I checked was the update they added onto the map. I love that they added a mission overview look on the map’s interface. It helps you to easily find the daily missions and now the newly added missions you need to achieve to either gain phoenix credits or dark zone experience.
We also have our first weekly assignment available as part of the Incursions update as well. You could finish the other tasks in the weekly assignments in just one sitting but you’ll need to do your daily missions everyday because the first weekly assignment requires you to complete 10 dailies. I wouldn’t pressure my self just to accomplish the weekly assignments right away because it will leave you with nothing to do for the rest of the week, so just chill.
Now, on to the next best thing – the gear sets and gear scores. Gear scores are how your gears are rated depending on how powerful it is. This is how it is going to be for the end game, having a high gear score as much as possible. Gear sets are new sets of gear with added bonus once you wear the minimum of 2 gears in the set and has different effects depending on the number of gears of the same set you are wearing.
A lot of other fixes were implemented as well especially the fixes that prevent players from exploiting or farming phoenix credits easily. Even the most simple fix was done, for example, you can’t do a combat roll when going into the base of operations, forcing you to walk through the entrance slowing you down in the process. I know that there are a lot worse and more fixes out there that people are not happy about but please, this is one of the best things I loved to do, how could they take it away? It doesn’t even affect gameplay at all.
Anyway, it’s not that important. Another thing that was added is the ability to trade with other players and a group spectator camera mode. The trading is a great addition to the game especially that you can see what the other members of your team pick up from drops. There’s a catch to this though because you can only trade with people in your group when the drop was made and there is a time limit to how long you could trade dropped items with each other. You can trade items by dropping them on the ground and let the other person pick it up.
The group spectator mode only pops up when you die and you are in a group. This gives you the ability to see what your other group members are doing at the moment and allows you the opportunity to scream at them on the mic if they are doing something stupid. The best part of this update.
There are a lot more fixes and new gameplay like supply drops in the Dark Zone but I’ll let you read through them here or down below.
• Falcon Lost is a new incursion available in the Stuyvesant area
• You must be level 30 and have completed the mission “General Assembly” to access this mission
• The encounter is balanced for 4 players with high level gear
• Gear set equipment can be found by completing the most challenging activities in Manhattan
• Collecting and wearing gear sets grant powerful stat bonuses and talents
• Gear sets of varying gear scores can be found for many playstyles. Find the set that best suits yours • “Tactician’s Authority” – enhances electronics and support capabilities
• “Striker’s Battlegear” – provide bonuses for assault capabilities
• “Sentry’s Call” – enhances marksman capabilities
• “Path of the Nomad” – provides bonuses for lone wanderers
• Items dropped by enemies can be shared with other players
• Trade items by dropping them as loot from your inventory, so players in your group can pick them up
• You can only share items for during the first 2 hours after you have acquired them
• Items can only be shared with players who are currently in your group and who were also in your group when the item was originally dropped
• Assignments are automatically obtained when you log in and can be tracked from the map via the menu called “Mission Overview”
• Assignments are available for a limited time (24h for Daily Assignments and 7 days for Weekly Assignments), after which, they will be replaced by different assignments
• Assignments come in different categories: • Combat
• Dark Zone
• Most assignments can be completed while playing alone but some will require enlisting other agent’s assistance to complete
Dark Zone Supply Drops
• Dark Zone Supply Drops are a global event where the Strategic Homeland Defense agency airdrops multiple supply caches to assist Division agents
• Supply drops will occur multiple times over the course the day
• The supply drops will contain non-contaminated gear of all types that will be ready to use without the need for extraction
• These supply drops will be heavily sought after by other agents and enemy factions that roam the Dark Zone, so be ready for resistance
• Every non-vanity gear piece that can be found when your agent is level 30 has a Gear Score value. The higher an item’s Gear Score, the stronger the item
• The overall Gear Score of your agent can be seen in your main menu next to your player level. Gear Score indicates the advancement of an agent
• Other agents’ Gear Scores are displayed next to their health bars
• Improving your gear and increasing your overall Gear Score will grant your agent access to the most dangerous high-end challenges
Group Spectator Camera
• The Group Spectator Cam lets players spectate members of their group while waiting to be revived or the entire group to be down
• Players can use RB/LB, R1/L1 or Q/E keys to switch between group members
New High-End Named Weapons
• Added new High-End named weapons: • Warlord: Assault Rifle
• Valkyria: Submachine gun
• (Historian: Marksman Rifle) Please note that while the Historian will be implemented in the game with this update, it will not be acquirable in-game until update 1.2
• Turret skill can no longer suppress enemy NPCs, as this allowed named NPCs to be defeated too easily
• Recalibrating High-End items will now cost normal Credits instead of Phoenix Credits
• Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 named enemies: • Level 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
• Level 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
• Level 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits
• The vendor in the Church Safe House will now sell items in Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits
• Ranks requirements for Superior and High-End quality items at the Dark Zone Vendors have been adjusted: • Superior (Purple) items: Rank 15 instead of 30
• High-End (Gold) level 30 (Gear Score 163): Rank 25 instead of 50
• High-End (Gold) level 31 (Gear Score 182): Rank 40 instead of 50
• Added a new Dark Zone bracket for characters with Gear Score 160+
• Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items: • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
• 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
• 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
• Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items: • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
• Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
• Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
• Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints
• Added gamepad deadzone calibration in settings menu (all platforms)
• Fixed a bug that could prevent characters from accessing the game if they had too many items in their inventory
• Fixed a bug where sometimes the weapon talents would not activate if the player has the exact stat requirements
• Fixed a bug where players could exit the Dark Zone on East 43rd street
• Reloading stripper clips is now correctly interrupted by firing the weapon (marksman rifles and shotguns)
• Fixed an issue where buying a weapon with a pre-attached scope using the buy and equip feature sometimes caused the scope to un-equip
• Fixed an exploit where players could shoot through corners of covers
• Fixed a number of locations where NPCs could shoot through walls
• Fixed an exploit where players could ignore the fire rate of certain weapons
• Fixed some locations where players would get stuck in Queen Tunnel Camp mission
• Fixed various prop collisions so that players no longer become stuck
• Fixed a bug where the final cut scenes would unlock before the final missions were completed
• Fixed a bug where the Water Supply side mission would not activate
• Fixed an issue where the Morphine Supply side mission sometimes would not complete
• Players no longer receive too much XP for completing the Morphine Supply side mission
• The buff from Smart Cover no longer stacks if multiple teammates are using it on the same piece of cover
• Fixed some bugs where deployable skills would not activate under certain circumstances
• Fixed a bug where voice chat volume indicators would overlap in the group UI frame
• Fixed a bug where receiving a group invite via Matchmaking would sometimes not show up on the screen
• Fixed a bug where the dead teammate icon would turn into a blue dot instead of a red cross if the players were too far away from each other
• Fixed an issue where a player would be unable to inspect the appearance of his/her character while changing outfits
• Fixed some UI elements for mission overview frame and adjusted some of the misaligned icons
• Corrected the colors for the appearance items in the Mission rewards list
• NPC’s will no longer ignore the player while they are attempting to interact with props (arming/disarming bombs)
• Fixed a bug where a NPC would sometimes not leave its spawn area during the Morphine Supply side mission
• Fixed a bug where NPC’s would sometimes not respawn at one of the landmarks in the Dark Zone
• Several clipping issues have been fixed with various appearance items
• Some tooltips have been updated with more clear information
• And many more
• Added new resolution scaling and lighting options
• Added support for reporting players on PC. Players can now type in chat /report
• Improvements to resolution detection and switching between display modes
• Fixed some issues with camera movement while using Tobii Eye Tracker
• Fixed screen look for minimap when using Tobii Eye Tracker
• Fixed several issues with Logitech peripherals
• Fixed several graphic issues due to dual monitor display
• Fixed an issue where players could move UI elements out of the visible screen area
And to get you more excited, a new incursion is coming soon on a free update. This time they’re calling it Broken Circle.